Re: Steering Gear Lubrication

To: "Joel Woodard" <joel-woodard@acck.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Gear Lubrication
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:29:21 -0000
Even though the steering box may have a grease nipple on it is for gear oil
and not grease, and it only needs it when you have lost oil e.g. through a
ripped gaiter not as a routine service item.  An alternative way to get oil
into the rack is to inject under the big end of one of the rack gaiters -
working the rack slowly from side to side to distribute the oil, or by
removing the shim plate on the box itself.

PaulH.