Re: That '71 B again (longish)

To: niederst@telerama.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: That '71 B again (longish)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:21:24 EST
In a message dated 12/29/99 1:50:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
niederst@telerama.com writes:

<< So what do you guys (and gals) think? $2000? $1500?
 Somewhere in between? Also, what is the going rate for transporting MGB's?
 The car would need to be trailered about 80 miles. The guy selling the car
 called a guy he uses to transport cars for him while I was there and said it
 would cost $150 to transport. Is this OK, or would I be better off renting a
 U-Haul car hauler and U-Haul pickup with a hitch to do the job? Sorry for
 the long message, and TIA for any opinions. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It sounds like a car I would buy.  Walking away was the best thing you could
do at the time you looked at it.  They know they have someone who is likely
to buy it, so they want to make a deal and get it outta there.  Otherwise it
will sit until spring.  Offer him $1000 and try to get him to come down to
$1500.  I think that it is probably worth that much.  You can rent a tow
dolly from U-Haul for about $35 and tow it home with almost any kind of car.
I towed my Midget home on one (about 80 miles without disconnecting the
driveshaft) and no damage to anything.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward