Re: fuel pump problem - 79' MGB

To: <MGALUVR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: fuel pump problem - 79' MGB
From: "Dennis and Kathy" <skog@pioneernet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 15:53:41 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: <MGALUVR@aol.com>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2000 3:25 PM
Subject: fuel pump problem - 79' MGB

> I just finished a little ignition work on my 79 "B" today.I sure wish they
had put the
> fuel pump in a better spot. Its a bitch getting to it without a lift of
some
> sort. I am hoping its possibly a blown fuse as opposed to the pump itself.
> Any suggestions are appreciated and a Happy New Year to all you LBC lovers
> !!!! Keep 'em on the road .............
>
>                              Bill Dillstrom in
Misery....EErrrrrrr...Missouri

> 62 MK II MGA Roadster
> 79 MGB Roadster
Every MGB I've ever owned and let sit for any length of time, built up a
thin corrosion layer on the fuel pump contacts. If all the fuses check out
OK, then before you go to the trouble of pulling the pump out, just give it
a few taps on the pump body with a screwdriver handle . (ignition switch
on).

Dennis Skog
'65 MGB ,angel
'66 MGB ,baby
'80 MGB LE, Shadow
'60 JAG MKI, Reggie
'58 MG Magnette (still on the death bed)