Re: No Indicators

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Indicators
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:37:47 -0000
It points to a high-resistance connection in the green circuit.  As long as
the gauge is the only thing powered enough current can get through, with
only a relatively small amount of the system voltage dropped across the
fault.  As soon as the indicators are turned on the greatly increased
current in the circuit drops much more of the system voltage across the
fault, leaving none for the gauges (or indicators).

If you are sure wiggling the fuse initially got the gauge back working
again, then take it out and clean it a bit better.  On the MGB, at least,
the fuse holder part is rivetted to the spade part on the back of the fuse
block and this can corrode as well as the fuse to holder connections, and
the wire connector to spade connections..

PaulH.