Re: Garage and fireworks

Subject: Re: Garage and fireworks
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:24:07 -0500
Hi Neil,

I'm surprised so far that your's is the only reaction to my "real sports
car" ploy.:)

It's amazing at how far auto design has come in the 50+ years between the
time my TC was built and the S2000.  The S2000 is a technical marvel and a
blast to drive especially once the VTEC kicks in at about 6K.  It feels odd
to be able to exceed the national speed limit in 2nd gear.  But I'll
probably still be buried in the TC.  Got a 10 day road trip planned for the
TC this summer.

Yeah, that was probably the best fireworks display I've ever seen on TV.
Must
have been fantastic in person.  Paris was pretty cool as well. London, on
the other hand..

Over here it seems that used 7000 lb. lifts are available fairly cheaply.
That what I bought and ended up with a commercial grade lift.  Due to these
monster urban assault vehicles (SUVs) many shops are having to trade in
their 7K lifts for 9 and 11K lifts just to keep up.  Are you getting these
monstrosities as well?

And yes, the S2000 gets the house garage since I plan on using it as a daily
driver this winter.  Neither the TC or the MGA is my vehicle of choice for
commuting to work on 15 degree F mornings so they get to sleep for the
winter.  I also don't have paved access to the backyard garage so once the
snow falls the cars are in for the duration.

Regards, Dave