Stromberg card I.D.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg card I.D.
From: Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:28:43 -0800 (PST)
Dear listers:
AS my recent post indicated I purchase two 76
Roadsters. Both seemed mostly
complete with the exception of the carbs. This is my
first venture into the
RB variety. I've dug up two strombergs from my junk
box however I need help
identifying them and which is going to work in my
application.
#1 First carb is stamped 175CD and has a solid float
bowl.
     One the mounting flage is stamped T213A  along
with the # 739 elsewhere
on the same flange.
The opposite flange has a hose connection for the EGR
vlv as indicated by
the Moss cat.
     The choke side of the carb has no hose or line
bibs however the
throttle side has 3 connections at 1:00, 8:00 and
10:00 approx.

#2 The second carb is stamped as 175CD-2 with a
removable plug in the float
bowl.
     The flange is marked 5151c and T168 (although the
#'s are hard to read)
     The EGR hose bib is missing and plugged with a
screw. Looks like DPO
work to me.
     The choke side of the carb has one bib at approx
4:00. The throttle
side has two, one at 1:00 and 10:00.

  I suspect the 175CD-2 is most correct however not
sure,if any lister
could clarify I'd appreciate it. Also interested in
where the various hose
bibs are connected. Anyone in the No. Ca. bay area
have a complete RB car I
could look at for a half hour or so as a show and tell
e-mail me off the
list.

TIA,

Larry Pitts