Re: pressure vs. siphon blaster

To: "Vallely" <code5@banet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pressure vs. siphon blaster
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 20:25:31 -0600
Hello John, et al.

I just bought Eastwood's model 110 pressure blaster. I believe it is made by
an outfit called ACL. I am driving it with a compressor that delivers about
12 cfm @80psi.

It works great and I'm pleased with it. It is much more effective than the
small siphon fed jobs that I have tried. Be sure to order extra seal blocks
and nozzles at the time of purchase.

I am removing paint and surface rust from sheet metal. I have had excellent
results shooting coal slag as a blast media. Be sure to invest in good
safety equipment: blast hood, heavy gauntlet gloves, and respirators. Tyvek
suits and shoe covers are handy too, and are cheap. You will have grit in
your clothes after each session regardless of how well you suit up.

Good luck with your decision.

David F. Darby
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz