Re: Speeding in the UK

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speeding in the UK
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:59:02 -0500
Dave said:

>I know I've had a few cars dancing around behind me with their ABS
>chattering because the driver has failed to see or note a speed limit.

Unrelated question about ABS systems:  On normal dry road surfaces, with
properly functioning brakes, doesn't an antilock braking system cause the
car to require a LONGER stopping distance?

Also,

>it doesn't jam on the brakes in an effort to 'instantly' reduce the
> speed from, say, 60 to 30.

Give that Labour government some time, and they'll devise such a system.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite