Bargin 76 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bargin 76 Midget
From: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:51:07 -0500
Advertisement from the Muskingum Valley Merchandiser January 8, 2000
Zanesville, Ohio (50 miles east of Columbus);
'76 MG Midget $250. Twin bed $100.  Fisher 3-way speakers $50.  '87
Ranger $2000.  740-754-3621

I went and looked at this car earlier tonight.  I have no personal
interest, do not personally know the owner etc.  I have been a B owner
for many years but don't know much about the Midget.  This car looks
like it is a very good opportunity for some one looking for a parts
car.  The body has rust on the wheel arches and some bubbling on the
sills on the drivers side (passenger was next to a wall) but no major
damage.  The head is off and the motor is siezed.

BUT,  the car seems to be complete and has what I believe is a SNUG TOP
HARD TOP (wrap around rear window) and the seller seems to just get rid
of the car.  I looked a little to see if it had overdrive but I could
not see under the car and am not sure where the actuating mechanism is
for the car, can anyone tell me how to tell?

Again no personal interest
Paul Murch
64 B