Re: Refinishing dashboard knobs-Reply

To: <BONNILA@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refinishing dashboard knobs-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:23:32 +0930
On Monday, 10 January 2000 Steve asked
>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
My 68 MGCGT has the original dashboard knobs, but so worn down that the
white paint lettering and indicator striping on them is pretty well
invisible. Has anyone ever tried to refinish or recondition them? I've heard
that painting the knobs white, then wiping off the paint on the exterior of
the knobs, leaves the indented lettering looking new.

Any suggestions?

Steve,
           I use the 'pencil' tire/tyre places sell for tarting up the white
lettering on tyres/tires. Just rub the pencil over the knob and it will fill
in the white indents nicely, it does a good job on the stick/gear shift knob
also. Just wipe it on, leave it for a minute or so, and wipe the residue
off. YMMV.

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.
'79 MGB-LE Auto, Ex Santa Rosa, Cal.
'33 MG-J2 Patiently waiting for restoration.