Re: wierd problem

To: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>, <REwald9535@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: wierd problem
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:53:46 -0000
It's not uncommon for one end of the filament to become detached from the
support wire but still make contact sometimes as it flaps around (had one of
those myself just the other day).  You will get a brighter glow from the
poor contact that this flapping around provides, just like a poor contact in
a wiring loom will get hot - hopefully not hot enough to glow!  Fuses can
also get 'tired' and blow at something much less than their normal current,
and when a lamp is first switched on the current flow is at its highest.
Maybe Lucas had a sister.

PaulH.