Re: First time break in oil

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First time break in oil
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (Paul Nelson)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:38:43 -0800
At  5:06 PM 1/10/00 -0800, Enrique Claure wrote:
>Hi list, my Haynes recommends 20W50 oil for the engine but I have my
>doubts. First of all this is for engine rebuild Im talking about and
>secondly, where I live temperature is between 10 and 30 C. So I feel I
>should go with 10W30. All advice will be appreciated, Enrique
>SPAN Inc (Miami Forwarding office)

        When I bought my MGB mechanic's project car in Victoria several
years ago, he reccommended Castrol 20w50 for the newly rebuilt engine.  I'v
been using it ever since except for a -40 winter in Calgary, and am quite
happy with the operation of the car.
        Being in a hot climate like you do is an argument for using
THICKER, not thinner oil.  You are using approximately 10 weight oil at 30
C, AFAIK.
Paul Nelson