Throttle Cable Kaput!

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle Cable Kaput!
From: "danray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:51:47 -0500
Hi folks,
I remember people saying one can get a replacement at the bike store.
The thing is, the cable housing/tube thingy that comes out from the firewall
area is old as the car too. Should I just order a "proper" new cable and
housing?
Seems a simple job. What pitfalls should I watch out for when reinstalling?
(other than greasing it thoroughly) I haven't pulled the old cable...I
learned a long time ago to try to use the old to fish the new through the
tunnel on ANY cable. VW Bugs have a very LONG clutch cable that is a real
PITA.
The cable broke right in front of the pedal where it rubs on the entrance to
the firewall.
She always does something like this when I let her sit too long. Another
reason I call the car a "she"! ;)

Dan
73 B