Re: South Australian Heat

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: South Australian Heat
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 01:43:55 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> > At 23:30hrs tonite (Monday) it was still 35 degrees Celcius (95.0
>
> Mate, I keep telling you should move North. <G> It's like 20 here. In
> fact, it's been about 20 all summer long.. Yippppeeeeeeee! I hate the
> heat.

Well, as a rule  love the heat... but I prefer it to cool down a little
at night so I can SLEEP!  As a 'lost' Western Australian I miss the
'Fremantle Doctor' afternoon/evening sea breeze!  Of course it is
strange that we would have to move north for cooler temps.  The next
landfall South of where I am is the Antarctic!

> How is the B holding up in that btw and what was it temp wise during
> the  day?? I hate to think. Urghh..

I drove her to work again today (40C degrees at 15:00hrs) and she warms
up, but nothing past 3/4 (towards the RED).  I don't know if it is the
new temp. guage misreading or the fact that I just had a 50% clogged
radiator returned to 100% efficiency.  I expected her to die today but
she hung in there REALLY well.

Oh yeah, to answer an earlier question - on Australia Day (Jan 26th) the
MGCCSA will hold a parade through the city and back for a good
non-British barbecue at the clubrooms (you are all invited:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII