RE: Fan Switching

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fan Switching
From: "Jason W. Sawyer" <jason@sawyer.prserv.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:28:16 -0700
Pep Boys sells the same aftermarket "helper fan" that Moss has. They also
have the adjustable and preset (at 185 degrees) thermostats that mount
between the radiator fins. I use the 10" helper fan and the preset
thermostat on my 79 B. Where I live right now it get up around 120 in the
summer, so I need something to help.

The 12" fan would probably fit and might cool a bit better, but the 10"
should be fine for most. One benefit is that the stock fans don't come on
very often. Trust me, you'd rather replace the cheap "helper" fan for $70
than both stock fans for whatever they're going for right now.

Anyway, the radiator mounted thermostats work well.

Jason

Hi,

I've just been reminded of this by another post. My GT has a Kenlowe fan,
which is supposed to be switched by and adjustable relay/switch mechanism,
which has a temp sensor bulb which is supposed to be fitted in the top hose.

I've got the thing disconnected at the moment because these bulb things are
horrible-hard to seal and not good for the top hose & stub, IMO.

Has anyone had experience of the type of sensor which attached to the rad
fins? I've seen these but can't recall where.

Alternatively, has an alternative switching method been devised, perhaps
using a modern, threaded sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Dave H.
David Hill/Psychomotor
Can I Telework for you?
Editorial, PR, marketing and student thesis
copy at reasonable rates via the Internet
Try...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html

Can I help you? Are you or is someone
you know troubled with a phobia?