Bleeding Brakes: Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding Brakes: Midget
From: "James K. Hurd" <hurd@boernenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:05:17 +0100
Need some ideas on why I can't get brakes to bleed up on my '75 Midget.
Car has been in semi-storage (no pickling) for 5 years but was driven
monthly on the ranch.  Brakes went from bad to worse.  New master
cylinder helped but pedal finally hit bottom and no amount of pumping
would bring it up.  Checked for leaks and found one at the pressure fail
switch which I replaced.   No *visible* leakage elsewhere. Cleaned up
light corrosion on rear wheel cylinders but didn't try to open up
calipers as I wanted to solve the larger problem before putting in the
brake kits.

Using hand-operated vacuum pump, as per instructions, am pulling mostly
air, very little fluid from master reservoir.  Seems like it's sucking
air somewhere... don't think its at bleeder/hose connection...  Where
should I look?  Thanks in advance for trouble-shooting advice.

Jim