Re: Carpet Snaps

To: "Paul Hammarstedt" <hellbent@ameritech.net>,
Subject: Re: Carpet Snaps
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:42:17 -0000
They aren't carpet snaps.  My V8 has what very much looks like the original
floor (in good condition) and has the components you describe plus carpet
snaps, drainage holes and original sound-deadening.  The real carpet snaps
are smaller and right on the outboard side just above the line of the
mystery items, and the inboard snap is further up the toe-board but not so
near the edge.

It's just possible that they were additional floor drainage holes for when
the body was dipped in primer, then closed up after painting, as the items
in my car are unpainted.  Other than that, they remain a mystery - unless
someone else knows better ...

PaulH.