Re: ABS experience

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ABS experience
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 08:58:26 -0000
That's exactly what happened to me.  I had the brakes hard on and it felt
like nothing was happening, not vibration under the pedal, nothing.  I had
time to lift off the pedal and hit it again a couple of times in
desperation, then consider turning to the left or the right.  The left
would've taken me into a ditch so I scrubbed that, and we were just
approaching a hump-backed bridge (blind) so I scrubbed that as well and
waited for the impact.  Fortunately both cars still driveable and no
injuries.

I had just driven through a puddle on a bend, so I went back and drove
through it two or three more times slamming on the brakes afterwards each
time.  I could not get it to happen again.

I hate ABS - and I still maintain it stands for "anti braking system".

PaulH.