BGT holes above rear fins?

To: "MG Global Enthusiasts (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: BGT holes above rear fins?
From: Richard Reynolds <richard.reynolds@bmpddb.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:29:06 -0000
With a bright new torch I was giving my new BGT a thorough examination
yesterday evening and found that there is a small hole in the exterior where
the roof gutter meets the horizontal seam of the rear fin.  It's an
identical problem on both sides of the car. Is this a common problem?

The previous owner had stuffed large pieces of foam in the cavity behind the
C pillar panelling to stop water dripping directly onto the inner wing wheel
arch, but it wasn't doing a great job and had soaked the sponges.  Water was
running along the seam at the inside top of the fin (though not yet got too
rusty).

What should I use to block up these holes, and has anyone else found a
similar problem?  I don't suppose the sponges are a very permanent solution,
but they do help sound insulation from the rear wheels.  Does anyone else
have sponge in here?

Thanks all for your help

Richard
66 MGB GT