Re: unidentified mg

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unidentified mg
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:31:33 +1100
Roberto,

> She belongs to a group of 8 cars exported to Argentina during 1937 or 1938

Exported - but do you know if the car was new at that point in time? MG made
a huge array of cars during the 30's. Is the car a convertible or is it a
hardtop? If it is a small convertible it may be a P type. Either a PA or a
PB Midget built between 1934-1936. If it is a PB I think you should sell it
to me, I've always wanted a PB! They are truely beautful cars and IMO the
best looking MG. :) It could also be a TA Midget - these were built from
1936-1939.

If the car is a Hardtop and quite large, seating four. Then it could be a SA
2 litre, a VA 1 1/2 litre or a WA 2.6 litre. This is all presuming the car
was made somewhere between 1935-1939 and wasn't say 10 years old when it was
exported. If you go to my Website and follow the Concours link you will find
a pic of an SA & a VA, also in the same picture is a TA. So maybe this will
help identify the car.

Can you describe the car a bit more, the body work, style etc. I wasn't able
to find body number references in my books, but perhaps someone out there
can recognise the sequence. If not I can look through the few hundred MGCC
magazines! :)

Cheers,
Neil
--