Re: Oil Pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pump
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:57:32 -0400
I used grease on an engine that sat on a stand for many months before
re-installing and firing up.  The oil pressure came right up on pre-start
spin (plugs out).

Allen

>From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
>
>I've heard that they should be filled with Vaseline before installation,
>which will sit there till the engine is started, at which point it gets
>flushed out by the oil.
>
>PaulH.

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333