Re: Corvairs and GT6s

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Corvairs and GT6s
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:09:06 -0600
  I bought a new Corvair in '62.  Boy, did I have to learn new driving
skills.  The thing had treacherous oversteer.  The main fix was to
decamber the rear end, ala the GT6.  The '64, last of the swing-axle
models had all the fixes and handled pretty well.  The '65 and later
models were all independent, like the Stingray 'Vettes.  I had a '66
Corvair Corsa Coupe with the turbo engine.  That little car cornered
beautifully and was a brisk drive 'til the exhaust seals burned out,
which was often, dammit.

CR