Re: Just wondering

To: "Math Agelink" <webmaster@mgcc-holland.demon.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Just wondering
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:17:14 -0500
Any maillist will have some non-topic-specific content - just as a
conversation in a room with technical people will contain some
non-technical, off-topic content.

I will say that the signal-to-noise ratio of the MG list is pretty high -
probably 90% or so directly relevent.  Compared to some other lists where
you might be lucky to get 40%, it's pretty good.

However, you might want to look at getting an email program that can filter
messages automatically (like Eudora (www.eudora.com)), so all your MG
messages end up in one place, and you can only read the ones you
want.  Otherwise, yes, it would get to be kind of heavy.

I'm not sure that there's a digest version enabled on this, although that
would be an alternative.

- Tab