Re: ABS experience (still long) [still OT]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ABS experience (still long) [still OT]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:41:00 -0800
So, you are saying that ABS systems in general have independent
accelerometers at each wheel? (An accelerometer measures G-forces). As
well as having a computer which integrates the results instantaneously
and also tracks vehicle speed moment to moment?

I'm not disagreeing, but these features are what were in question in the

This is more complex than the wheel-rotation-sensing concept that was
being discussed.

I would suspect different manufacturers have different solutions to this
problem, if only for patent-avoidance purposes.

I have an idea -- someone should look at a manufacturer's web site
(Volvo? GM? DaimlerChrysler?) to see if they have an explanation of their
particular system which we could discuss realistically, instead of
hypothetically. I know I have read descriptions of various systems in R&T
as they were introduced, but I don't know how I'd look them up.

REwald9535@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149