Looking for TA in TX

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for TA in TX
From: "Steve Murphy" <k8vo@flyingbeers.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:53:45 -0500
Hi,
    In '84, my family had to sell the '38 TA that my father was in the
process of restoring at the time of his death.  I'm curious as to the
whereabouts of the car now, and wonder if anyone can help me locate it.
Here's what I know...
    The car was a basket case, and a couple of guys from Texas drove up here
to Michigan in a Chevy Pick Up, loaded all the pieces into the bed, Beverly
Hillbilly style, and hauled it back home.  At that time, I recall that most
of the major mechanical and chassis detailing had been done, and that the
body had been repaired, all the wood replaced, and was in primer, as were
the wings, etc., but not assembled.
    I heard that a year or so afterwards, the car was seen painted in black
at some show, but I don't know if that's true or not.
   Anyway, as I said, I'd like to get in touch with the current owner of
this car, just to get some photos and stuff.  If anyone has any idea of who
owns it now, please let me know or have them contact me.
Thanks for the help!
Steve Murphy
k8vo@flyingbeers.org
77 MGB