Clutch Job - Part II

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Job - Part II
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:08:40 -0800
This is the last of my questions bear with me :)  My first time with the
engine out...

Since my oil pressure is still pretty good and compression is good, I've
decided to only replace the rod bearings and oil pressure relief valve
while the engine's out for the clutch replacement.  Of course I'll be
checking the tolerances etc of all the parts I have access to and may
discover more things need replacing.

Questions...

- Should I inspect the water pump or thermostat housing?
- Should I inspect the timing chain or tensioner?
- What kind of paint for the block & manifolds?
- Do I need gasket cement for anything?  What kind?
- When it's all back together, is there a run-in period for the clutch
and/or the new rod bearings?

Gonna be fun!

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)