Charge warning light

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Charge warning light
From: "Matthew H. Dabney" <mhdabney@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 08:07:06 -0800
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Scott & Michelle <mcjsr@talstar.com>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 2:19 PM
Subject: Idiot light

> Hello MG Gurus,
>
> I have been away from the list for a while, and I must say I am enjoying
my
> 75 rubber B. I do have a problem though. When the car is turned off, and I
> remove the key, the red warning light *low charge??* comes on and stays,
> even if the key is removed. The light is off while the car is running, and
> is off when I turn the key to the III position,  *or just before you turn
it
> all the way to activate the starter*.
> Any clues as to the situation???
>
> Anyone........Anyone......Anyone???????
>
> Scott
> Florida

Scott-
I have had this problem before.  There is probably a fault in the regulator
of your alternater, and you will probably find that the regulator has been
replaced with a non- Lucas part that fails in this strange way.  Disconnect
the alternator or you will run the battery down.  Good luck.  Matt