Re: Steering wheel for 66 MGB

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel for 66 MGB
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:50:56 -0800
Word on the street is that Richard Reynolds said:
> The original spoked steering wheel on my MGB is broken.  The spokes have
> split from the plastic rim in several places.  Does anyone know if this can
> be repaired (with anything other than duck tape!).  Alternatively who would
> like to swap a Mountney leather steering wheel for an authentic spoked MGB
> wheel?

2-part epoxy and a little black paint would probably do the trick.  At
least, that's what the PO of my MGB did.  Except without the black paint,
and used way way way too much.  Seemed solid; I swapped for a Motolita
jobbie last year so I also have a spare :)

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)