RE: Shipping MGB from MO to FL

To: FlynShoot@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shipping MGB from MO to FL
From: Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:32:55 -0700
Yes being in the military,  I have had a lot of experience with shipping
cars (especially overseas,  its done through private companies). When ever
you give your car to a shipping company you run the risk of the car being
damaged, or things being stolen off or out of them.(I have experienced
both)remember that most of the shipping companies deal with lots of cars
and I have found the attitude that " hey it's not our car" and that "
insurance will pay for it".  My latest experience was when I shipped a 1989
Plymouth Voyager from Portugal to Va.
Some how the shipping company managed to get about two gallons of water in
the transmission(!?!).  It was going to cost $1500 to $1800 to have it
repaired,  but all I was able to get from the shipping companies insurance
was $1000. Now this is not to say that all companies are This bad,

Andy66B (and still have the Voyager too)