Re: Clutch pedal spring [now leg room]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch pedal spring [now leg room]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:41:19 -0800
JustBrits@aol.com had this to say:

>Huuum, Max.  Haven't driven a Big Healey, huh.  B's are definite "losers" in
>the "leg room" area.  Only reason I have one ("B" that is)  is Wife could
>not reach pedals!!
>
>Cheers............
>
>          Ed
>
>PS:  I'm 6' 1" with VERY long legs - still slouch to drive Healey.

Maybe you should just move the seat track forward?

No, I have never driven a Big Healey. But from the look of 'em, with the
cockpit so far back in the chassis, I would expect plenty of leg room.
And I didn't mean to say the B had the most leg room of any car in the
world -- just more than most, insofar as seatback-to-pedal horizontal
distance. Anyway, I'm 6'1", with long legs, but it seems to me you could
fit 3-4 more inches of leg in the B no problem, just by moving the seat
all the way back.

Now vertical space, seat cushion to wheel rim, that's another story. I
don't have any problem, but I have seen lots of zero-clearance thighs...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149