Re: what did we fasten?

To: "Jouke Bloem" <jbloem@bart.nl>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what did we fasten?
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:20:28 -0000
Hi, Jouke.

What you fixed was the bolts which fasten the rear end of the front wing to
the outer side panel of the footwell. These go into threaded holes in the
flitch panel which is itself crimped into the rear edge of the wing.

I can't remember exactly how many bolts are involved but there should be one
at the very top of the door hinge pillar (A-post) on its outboard side, i.e.
where the wing curves down from the scuttle.
There are also bolt holes at the very top inside the car, where the scuttle
panel and wing meet. These are a pain to reach so they often get left out.
On the driver's side, you have to remove the instrument (speedo or tacho)
nearest the outer end of the dash; on the passengers side, the glovebox
liner has to come out.

These bolts' absence isn't too serious. At a pinch, it could allow the
doorskin and wing to foul each other but water leaks are a more likely
outcome.

The bolts are 5/16" UNF, 1/2" AF head size.

Good Luck :-)

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html