Re: Battery cut-off switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery cut-off switch
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:55:10 EST
I asked the question on the Shop-Talk list about which line to install
a cutoff switch in.  Our own Listadmin Mark Bradakis answered first:

"If you put the cutoff switch on the non-chassis side, the alternator or
generator can still be turning enough to keep the ignition system
energized, so the motor may keep running.  If the cutoff switch has
connections for also breaking the alternator or generator circuit, then
it can go on that side.

mjb."

Thanks, Mark.

If safety is an issue, which is why ALL race cars are required to
have a batt. cutoff, this makes sense.  It would probably be less
important in a daily driver, if you want to use the cutoff for security
or convenience when working on the car.

I'll post any other logical answers as they appear.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport