Re: A Sign of Civility

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: A Sign of Civility
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:33:27 -0500
I read that "My Turn" Yesterday. From the tone of the article and the
description of the car, it sounds like it is an unrestored one as well. I
thought the article was well written and very enjoyable. And I tend to
agree with the thought behind it. I know whan I go to a show, you can
generally tell if a car should not be approached with out the sign,
usually the owner is standing over it polishing the bottom of the most
hidden piece of chrome on the car, like the underside of the dashpot
cover ;-).

What I mean is I show a bit of reverence towards cars that are obviously
lovingly restored and do not approach them with my scarf on.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 2/9/00 8:16 PM, mgbob@juno.com made the
profound statement:

> She wrote the essay. From the tone of the article, it would appear that
>she is someone who loves the Jag and enjoys having other people enjoy it
>with her, comparing her feelings about the car to the harsh "keep hands
>off the car" signs that are endemic at shows.
>Bob
>

>On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:22:57 -0500 "Geoffrey E. Love" <engconn@f-tech.net>
>writes:

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.