RE: Fuel gauge problems

To: "'Chuck Young'" <kb7cg@anv.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel gauge problems
From: "Oster, Chris" <coster@faidor.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:56:32 -0600
Have you tried opening up the gauge to see if it is moving smoothly
internally? I just went thru this on my 66 B.  When you get the gauge out
you can put voltage across the terminals from a nine volt battery and watch
the movement. My problem ended up being the voltage regulator. If it was
installed on the firewall it would not let the gauge come above 1/4 full no
matter how much gas was in the tank. If I just let the regulator dangle from
the plugged in wires it works perfectly. I spent numerous hours on this and
know the system intimately.
Need any more help, just let me know.

Chris