MG TD Tranny Rebuild - In over my head?

To: mglist <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TD Tranny Rebuild - In over my head?
From: Adam Arabian <arabian@allegronet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:19:43 -0500
I just finished dissassembling the engine to my 52 TD and packed it off
to the machine shop, so I'm twiddling my thumbs and decided I should
move on to the next (and actually more intimidating) project - the
tranny.  Greene says so little on it that I think he is suggesting I
just have someone else do it, and Horscht seems to suggest that you just
replace everything.

I'm certain that I need to at least look at it, as the vehicle was
stationary for 30 years and it had about 50k miles on it before that, so
I'm sure there is wear and tear.  Am I in over my head?  Is horscht
right and  I should just give moss my credit card number and have them
send me "one of everything"?  If it is reasonable for me to do it,
anyone know of tips and tricks that I should be aware of before I start
removing bolts?

As always, thanks!

A. Arabian