Re: Car Radio History (No LBC content)

To: jack@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Car Radio History (No LBC content)
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:39:53 -0500
Jack,
  Thanks for your note. I enjoyed your history.
   When my dad bought the TD that I now enjoy, he had the dealer install
a heater. There are no vents for defrosting in a TD, but the little bit
of heat on the feet is appreciated for much of the year. It's a hot water
unit, piped from the thermostat/bypass housing in two steel tubes down
the carb side of the engine. One has a threaded turn-down valve.
  The complete title of the mag is American Heritage of Invention &
Technology.  Spring 2000 issue, $4.00, Vol 15/Number 4.  I subscribe, so
have never looked for it on the newstands.   I find an e-mail address of
 it@americanheritage.com and a website address of
www.americanheritage.com/i&t   (i as in invention).
  It's an interesting magazine. I look forward to every issue.  In this
one are also articles on answering machines (patented 1898), aerial
reconnaissance (developed during War Between the States), technology of
the violin, bridge designs by Tom Paine (writer of Common Sense),
development of the IC for Tex Instruments and its pocket calculator.
  Fifteen bucks a year for subscription.
Bob