Re: Rally info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rally info
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:12:29 EST
In a message dated 2/18/00 5:31:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, MGTD1952@cs.com
writes:

<< I agree with Bob. TSD's have been known to turn married couples into
 unmarried couples, and to have sons disowned by their fathers.  Tricky stuff!

 I remember a cute gimmick rally a while back called the Omega/Alpha rally.
 As the greek alphabet starts with Alpha and runs through Omega, the title of
 the rally should give the hint that all the instructions
 were.........backwards!   >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For a club rally on a nice afternnon, I wouldn't recommend a TSD unless you
have an experienced group of rallyists.  Most clubs want a cruise with a
purpose.

There are a number of gimmick type rallies.  Q&A, picture, map, etc.
Probably the easiest is a poker run, where you have 5 checkpoints, usually at
a scenic overlook, and you give each team a playing card when they get there.
 At the end, the team with the best poker hand wins the rally.  No skill
involved, except to follow the directions.

I have a file from the rally mailing list that has some explanation of a
variety of gimmick rallies. If anybody wants it, let me know off list.  I
would like to encourage clubs to run more rallies.  Maybe some of the members
will become interested enough to try real rallies.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport