RE: Trans/rear conversion? Was-Re: Magnette Mutilation Take Two

To: Dave Miles <davemiles2sonaz@uswest.net>
Subject: RE: Trans/rear conversion? Was-Re: Magnette Mutilation Take Two
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:04:42 -0800
Dave:

        The midget is light enough that any extra power will spin the tires
thus relieving the load on the differential.

        From racing experience.  The diff is strong enough to handle an
increase in power.  But you are likely to snap axle shafts if you do not
drive judiciously.  My concern is that the auto trans could put a lot of
load on the drivetrain if the gear changes are not smooth.

Kelvin.