Non LBC-Honda ALB Brakes

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LBC-Honda ALB Brakes
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:38:05 -0000
Hello all.

Bin this if I'm boring you.

Having got rid of my high-milegae, rattly Vauxhall, I've bought a new wash &
go car. Well, I say new, its a 1990 Rover 416-a.k.a. Honda Concerto in drag.
Being British Racing Green, its the right colour and allows Rex (the MGBGT)
to sleep through the salt treaty (road salt, that is).

The questions concerns the brakes, which use the Honda ALB system.
The accumulator pumps up like a good 'un and the brakes are great but
someting's puzzling me.

When braking, the car slows smoothly to walking pace. Then, the pedal drops
about 1/8 in. and there is a 'thunk'. This happens every time, regardless of
braking effort. After the sound, the brakes are working and there are no
ominous idiot lights waking up. So, I assume that, at walking pace, the ALB
has decided that the wheels aren't going to lock anyway and is switching
itself out.
One questions. Is this normal? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance to Honda owners/technicians/people who know ALB, etc.

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html