Re: inlet valves

To: "Carl French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: inlet valves
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 06:48:45 -0800
Carl,

My experience with bronze guides has been less than enjoyable! Excessive oil
use if the stem clearances are machined to the recommended size, galling and
sticking if they are not. Most automotive machine shops I have used advocate
against their use. Since a properly machined cast iron guide works perfectly
well, I'd recommend not spending the extra money for bronze guides.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center