To clutch or not to clutch

To: MG CHAT LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: To clutch or not to clutch
From: "Michael Torrusio" <mtorrusi@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:49:05 -0800
Thank you all for the response to whether or not to depress the clutch when
starting the engine.  I appreciate the input.  Instead of quitting while
ahead, I'll press on with this problem:
Whenever I hit a sizable rut in the road (sizable defined as you know you've
hit something, but it's not a "oh my god!" bump) I get a "grrrick" sound, or
"sqwarrrk" or "rrrrrarwcc" sound at the right rear of the car.
Now, I can go outside and pounce on the car, shake it, push it, jump up and
down on it -- nothing.  Next bump, "Rrrrarwc."
Any suggestions?
--
Ciao.

Mike.