Spawn - turn signals/wipers

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spawn - turn signals/wipers
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 07:51:19 -0800
Chris, try removing the whole turn signal light assembly from the fender and
making sure that there is a good connection between the screws and the
fender.  This is where the light grounds to the body.  I have had luck doing
this in the past to make my signal lights blink instead of just come on.
Try spraying the light socket with WD40.  If it works you have a bad
connection in the socket.  I usually take a small piece of emery paper (sand
paper) around my finger and shine up the bulb socket to make a better
connection.  If all else fails replace both bulbs.  This problem is normally
caused by too much resistance for the blinker to handle.  You can also
switch the hazard blinker unit with the turn signal to see if the unit is
bad.

As to the wipers, I ordered replacement wipers from a non-lbc parts place
and what I got had replacements for the cap that required you to drill out
the old and screw in the new.  I decided not to do this and got new arms
from an lbc parts house.   My point is that you may be able to find
something that will work at a local parts house like NAPA or Baxter's.

The above is for a 72 B don't know what you are driving.

Dave