Re: This is what happened to the N.A. MGC Register?

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: This is what happened to the N.A. MGC Register?
From: MGCTONY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 06:54:01 EST
Barney and All,

The AMGCR has a new President by the Name of Kieth Sanders and is now based
out of  Pensicola, Florida.
The full address is :

 Keith Sanders AMGCR
 c/o Action Mailing
2809 Copter Road
Pensicola, Florida 32514

email address: KSAMSMGC@JUNO.COM

Web Site:
www.MGCARS.ORG.UK/AMGCR

Glad I could be of help-take a look and consider joining.

For those of you that are not familiar with the MGC I'll take this
opportunity to giveyou some stats:

Production: 8,999  total cars produced-  approx. half were exported to USA,
half stayed in the UK, half were roadsters, half were gt's and approx half in
my opinion are left.

The cars came in 4 spd, 4spd o/d, and automatic.

Engine: straight six 2912 cc, w/ two  1 3/4" carbs
Years made: '67-'69.

This was the fastest producion car MG ever made- 145 bhp ( the V-8's  were
smogged up near 140 bhp ) , a few hundred cars were sold to University
Motors. University Motors  performed little headwork ( different cam I
believe)  and  were offered out with 175 bhp. +.

The MGC was the final  car that the factory raced  (202 bhp at the wheels).
At Sebring Florida 1969, RMO 699F ( now in a private collection) came in 10th
 overall and first in class driven by Paddy Hopkirk and Andrew Hedges.

Today there is a loyal following and is considered to be the MG muscle car
(for those of you hot rodders,  friends of mine in the UK are getting as much
as 230 + bhp with a bore up to 3.5 liters and gobs of torque.

I have had approx. 35 of these cars in various states  of repair over the
past 6 years or so, did 2  concourse restorations and many mechanical ones.

Once you drive one you'll be surprised. The MGC's with more developement from
the factory could have produced and outstanding best seller but with the
close of the competition dept in '69  the C's days were numbered. Thankyou
BIG LORD FAUNTLEROY ! .( sorry -just had to throw that in). However we can
say with conviction that the MGC is in developement  today !!
Good Year to you all!

Tony Giordano

 1-MGC rdsrt 172 bhp, 202 pounds of torque and three two inch SU's -3.2 litre
 1-MGC GTS 200 bhp, triple 45 DCOE Dellortos,  (formerly registered in the UK
  as RMO 699F)