Re: Driveshaft Balance

To: "MG listerati" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driveshaft Balance
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 07:12:15 -0800
> I was once told that if you ever have the drive shaft out of your car you
> should have it checked for balance.

Absolutely.  Also check the splines for wear.  There should be almost no
discernable slop.  Your driveline guy will probably let you know if it is
beyond its service life.  Finding a good used spare is difficult, but with
the help of the listers can be done.  (Thanks guys!)  It makes a world of
difference to eliminate that source of vibration.  Your butt will thank you.

Lonn Howard
Pasco, WA USA
'67 Land Rover 109
'70 TR6
'71 TR6
'70 MG BGT
'89 Saab turbo 'vert
'91 big Chevy truck

"We are just temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation." (me)