Re: MGs in rain, snow

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGs in rain, snow
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:23:40 -0800
James,

The wipers in my 72B roadster are two speed and work fine in the rain and we
have lots of it in Western Oregon.  The wiper arm springs finally rusted
through and I had to replace them a year or so ago, should have several
years ago.  Perhaps your springs are no longer strong enough to hold the
blades on the windshield or your wiper blades are to stiff to conform to the
windshield.  I find it hard to believe that a windshield would bow enough to
affect the wipers without breaking the glass.  I have never had any trouble
with rain or snow, unless either was too deep.  Touching the brakes
occasionally seems to work for me.  I've always had pretty good tires on my
B and never had any trouble with traction in any weather.

Dave 72B original owner