Re: Ignition HELP!

To: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition HELP!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:48:09 -0000
All those items you mention with the possible exception of the radio are on
the green circuit (fused ignition) which normally comes off the white/brown
from the ignition relay from the white which comes from the ignition switch.
However Haynes shows two in-line fuses as well the 2nd fuse up in the 4-way
fuse block feeding three completely separate sub-divisions of the green
circuit for late UK cars but not for North American.  If you have a UK or
European spec car with these additional in-line fuses you may have blown
one.  I have no idea where they are located.

If you can start and run the engine it isn't the ignition switch or the
ignition rela.  Check the voltage at the green fuse and make sure it is
getting through with a voltmeter or test-lamp with the ignition on,  The
fuse block has a rivetted connection on the back and this can corrode, as
well as the visible fuse holder and spade connectors.

The radio would normally come off the white/green from the ignition switch
in the accessories position, but YMMV.

PaulH.