I really don't want to, but...fuel prices

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I really don't want to, but...fuel prices
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:37:14 -0800
Folks,

Fuel prices.  Come on, get over it. If you don't want a high
fuel bill, drive less.  Mow your yard with an electric mower.
Petroleum products carry a high price.  Sorry.

Personally, I don't care. I'm not saying I like paying a lot
for fuel, I'd rather spend less.  But,  1)  I pay $5 a gallon
for fuel.  (Yes, it's special use fuel, but so?  That's what
I pay for some of the gasoline that I use).  2)  Maybe it'll
mean fewer people on the roads.

Gee.  What a shame.  I could actually *enjoy* driving my MG
on the back twisty roads without coming around a corner, at
the speed limit, only to be faced with some huge gas guzzling
RV going 15 MPH.

Again, (and I don't care if you flame me, my suit is SFI 3.2A/5)
petrol carries some price.  If you don't like it, there are
tons of options.  Electric cars.  Bicycles.  The bus.  Walk.
Car pool.

I mean, really, for most of us the even if fuel went up another
10 cents/gallon it'd still be less than $20 a month more than
what we're spending now.  Plenty of folks burn up much more than
that on tobacco, horrible fast food, bad beer and other things that
are neither as much fun nor as healthy as a spin in an MG.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/