Weber Woes

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber Woes
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:53:24 -0500
I picked up a 1971 MGB recently on which the PO had installed a side
draft Weber 42DCOE8, Number 4E. He couldn't get it to run smoothly and
neither can I! Seems he, nor I, can find a place to connect the vacuum
advance line on the manifold or carb. The vacuum line from the
distributor is there but  disconnected. Does anyone have any insights?
Also cannot determine how to connect the choke cable. The PO has it
connected but it is not connected properly and the choke engages but
will not disengage unless I pop the hood/bonnet and restore it to its
original position by hand!  I suspect this is not the proper Weber for
this car and may not even have a vacuum advance connection.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
http://www.bmcne.com