Re: What is this?

To: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What is this?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:31:29 -0600
At 12:50 PM 3/10/2000 -0800, Tony Woodruff wrote:
>http://classifieds.excite.com/cgi-cls/ad.exe?P61+C14+A0+R871748+Q256507902

In the USA it is an MG 1100 sedan, 1967 or earlier.  So, it is either a
post dated title, or possible European?

About 1967 in the US, coincidental with the advent of emmissions controls
on automobiles, we were introduced to the Austin America as the successor
to the MG 1100.  The AA had a more horizontal restyled grille (looked a
little more like an MGB grille), tail lights slanted more toward the roof
line (similar to the MGB GT in appearance), and a 1275 engine.  Otherwise
it was the same basic body and chassis as the MG 1100, complete with 12
inch wheels and hydroelastic suspension.  I liked to drive my '69 AA a lot
for the first four years of its life, but had to get rid or it when I
couldn't afford the maintainance costs (especially on the automatic
transmission).

The MG 1100 with the manual shift gearbox can be a fairly reliable car,
just don't put too much money into restoration work, as the resale value is
not so hot.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg