Re: How to sell and ship an engine

To: "Al Dufault" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to sell and ship an engine
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:38:26 -0600
Hello Al:

Don't know about the value of the engine, but you can strap it on a pallet
and motor freight it anywhere in North America for a reasonable amount. Ask
your motor freight agent if you qualify for shipping discounts. You may also
check with a major van line. Allied has a specialty goods division that
ships through their established distribution network. I recently shipped a
motorbike from the left coast to the midwest for less than $500.00. It
showed up at my house palletized in a 48' van. The driver was hauling a
commercial sewing machine, an ultrasound machine, and various other
specialty goods, all uncrated.

I am sure other companies offer similar services.

Good luck,

David F. Darby
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz